Real Estate Support for Corporate and Finance Transactions
We provide property advice and draft documentation in respect of mortgage and other financing transactions, including those involving mergers and acquisitions and general corporate and finance transactions.
We have been involved in structuring complex concurrent mortgage transactions and in the acquisition of performing and non-performing loan portfolios, including advising on enforcement rights and processes. In this respect we regularly work closely with corporate law firms that do not have real estate departments.
Examples of our experience include:
- Acting for a borrower on a term and revolving facility secured by a legal mortgage over an industrial building in Shatin, together with the release of existing security
- Advising a lender on a term loan facility secured by a legal charge over part of a strata titled building owned by a BVI company, assignment of sale proceeds and the assignment of rent and a share mortgage
- Advising a lender on a revolving term loan facility secured upon part of a strata titled building with personal guarantees
- Advising a lender in conjunction with a Wall Street law firm with regard to the structuring of loan secured by a concurrent mortgage of a leased commercial building in Hong Kong
- Advising in respect of a HK$450m corporate acquisition of a substantial portion of a building in Mongkok
- Advising financiers in respect of HK$650m property in Kowloon taken as security
- Conducting real estate due diligence and providing title reports for sponsors in numerous IPOs